- Open to any individual who is elected, appointed, employed by, or retained by a municipal, county, or state government, or regional authority engaged in the regulation, administration, planning of cable and/or telecommunications system or programming for government or education access channels.
- Individual memberships shall continue for the length of the current period regardless of changes in employment which may affect membership eligibility, unless the individual member takes employment with a cable television company or other private telecommunications provider, in which the individual shall be considered an Associate Member for the remainder of the year.
- Open to any municipal, county, state, or regional authority or a board, commission, or consortium sanctioned by a government authority which is engaged in the regulation, administrating, or planning of cable and/or telecommunications systems or programming for government or education access channels.
- Agency membership entitles the member agency to designate a primary member plus five additional members. The primary member shall be the designated spokesperson for the agency and as such shall be the voting member on all issues that require votes. Each Agency shall submit a proxy statement should the designated member be unable to be present at a voting session.
- Open to any individual from a non-profit or profit-making organization involved in the planning, development, programming, provision or research of cable and other telecommunications systems who do not qualify for Individual or Agency membership.
- This category shall include individuals employed or affiliated with telecommunications companies, telecommunication vendors or public access organizations.
- Open to any high school or college student and any individual participating in an internship with a government or educational access channel developing video or multimedia programming.